TERMS & CONDITIONS
How To Order:
If you would like to make a purchase, simply click "Add to Basket" to add the item to your shopping basket. The quantity and description of items in your basket, plus the total price (including standard UK shipping), can be viewed from the shopping basket symbol in the top right hand corner of every page.
From the shopping basket page you can modify the basket contents, "Proceed to checkout", from where you may proceed to the secure payment area, or return to the online store.
If we are unable to fulfill your order we will cancel it by email to your address given at the checkout and refund your money in full within 7 working days of receipt of your order
How to Pay:
We offer secure online payment via PayPal. For this you do not need a PayPal account and you can use your credit or debit card to pay for your order.
Ordering from outside the UK:
We can ship to destinations all over the world. If you wish to order from abroad, simply contact us by phone or e-mail with your requirements.
All prices are displayed in UK pounds sterling.
All prices quoted on this website are accurate at the time of publication and are quoted in pounds sterling and where appropriate are inclusive of UK sales tax (VAT) at the current rate.
If your order is being dispatched to a destination outside the European Union (EU) then any customs or import duties levied once the package reaches your destination country will be your responsibility, as we have no control over these charges and cannot predict them.
Orders of stock items (except furniture) are usually dispatched within 3-5 working days, to arrive with UK customers within 1-2 or 3-5 working days from the date of dispatch according to which method of delivery you select at the checkout. In the event that we cannot dispatch an item within the time specified we will contact you within 3 working days of your order. In the event that an item is temporarily out of stock, we will notify you of the delay within 3 working days and dispatch it as soon as it arrives.
In the case of bespoke products and furniture, the time to dispatch may be longer. Bespoke products are handmade to your order and the time for delivery will reflect this. Unless we notify you otherwise the time for dispatch may be up to 7-10 days and no date for delivery can be specifically expressed or guaranteed.
A delivery charge will be added to your order value where appropriate, as at the rate current from time to time. You have the option to choose between a standard signed for delivery and express signed for delivery service. Our delivery charges UK delivery charges exclude delivery to Channel Isles and Scottish Highlands and Islands. For Channel Islands, Scottish Highlands and Islands, overseas destinations, delivery is charged at cost. Please note: on most larger items, delivery is calculated on volume (ie. size) instead of weight.
Subject to your statutory rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you are deemed to have accepted the goods upon the expiration of 24 hours after receipt by you.
Returns & Refunds:
All goods sold are covered by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, which allow for a seven day 'cooling off' period during which you may cancel your order (in writing) by sending us a letter or e-mail at any time up to and including the seventh working day after the day on which you received your purchase. Having notified us that you wish to cancel your order, goods must be returned to us at your expense within 7 working days after the date of receiving the goods, for a full refund or exchange, to be made within 3 days., provided that:
1. The goods are returned in the same condition they were sold, including all original packaging materials. 2. The goods are normal stock items which exclude bespoke goods. 3. Delivery & collection charges are at your expense and are not refundable. 4. A valid receipt or proof of purchase is produced.
Faulty goods, where the fault is due to a manufacturing defect, will be exchanged or refunded where possible within the first 14 days of purchase. Damaged goods must be reported to us within 24 hours of receipt by you of the goods. After this time we cannot accept responsibility for damage reported.
Description of Goods:
We take every care to ensure that the description and specification of our products are correct at the time of going to press. Please note however that exact product dimensions may vary slightly, and while the colour reproduction of the products is a close representation, we cannot accept any responsibility for any variation in colour caused by the browser software or computer system used by you.
Risk & Property:
The goods are at your risk forthwith upon dispatch by us from our premises or the premises of any of our agents. Property in the goods remains with us until we receive payment in full for them from you.
1. The contents of this website (including pictures, designs, logos, photographs, text written and other materials) are the copyright trademark or registered trademark of Caroline Borgman Interiors, its agents or its content and technology providers or their respective owners. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The copying, modification, distribution, reproduction, or incorporation into any other work of part or all of the material available on this website in any form is prohibited save that you may copy, print or download extracts of the material on this website for the sole purpose of using this website or placing an order with us, copy print or download the material on this site for the purpose of sending to individual third parties for their personal information provided that you acknowledge us as the source of the material and that you inform the third party that these conditions apply to them and that they must comply with them.
2. The copyright and design in all goods and including bespoke products shall belong exclusively to us and nothing herein shall be deemed to provide you with a licence to use the same.
Limitation of liability:
You retain your statutory rights but:
A) We shall not be responsible for any incidental special consequential losses or damages (including but without limitation thereto any loss of profits or business) suffered by you and including but without limitation any possible or potential losses of which we have been informed by you or on your behalf; and
B) Our liability to you for the supply of the goods and/or services shall not in any event exceed the price
In these terms and conditions the following words and phrases have the following meanings set out below:
"Bespoke” means any products and goods which are not held in our stock.
“Goods” mean the goods contained in your shopping basket on this website
“Price/prices” means the total price of the goods including delivery if charged for the goods contained in your shopping basket
“Services” means the services, furnishings and goods provided for as set out in a written quotation provided by us to you
“We/us/our” means Caroline Borgman Interiors
“Working days” mean Mondays to Fridays excluding any bank or statutory holidays within England & Wales
“You/your” means the person, firm or corporation who orders goods and/or services contained within this website
You acknowledge that you have not entered into this agreement in reliance on any oral representation made by us, and that these terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us. Insofar as you may seek to introduce or rely upon any other terms and conditions to be incorporated into this agreement, such terms and conditions shall be of no effect and only these terms and conditions herein shall comprise he contract between you and us
Proper Law and Jurisdiction:
This agreement and these terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law and English courts alone shall have jurisdiction.
We respect the privacy of your personal data and we do not share your details with anyone else with the exception of your delivery details to other third parties we may use from time to time to fulfill or deliver goods you have ordered on our behalf.
What Are "Cookies"?
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next. Cookies can only be accessed by the site that created them and cannot be used to get data from your hard drive, retrieve your email address or access sensitive personal information.
Types Of Cookies
Session Cookies - these are temporary cookie files, which are erased when you close your browser. When you restart your browser and go back to the site that created the cookie, the website will not recognize you. You will have to log back in (if login is required) or select your preferences/themes again if the site uses these features. A new session cookie will be generated, which will store your browsing information and will be active until you leave the site and close your browser. Persistent Cookies – these files stay in one of your browser's subfolders until you delete them manually or your browser deletes them based on the duration period contained within the persistent cookie's file.
Our cookies help us to:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Third Party Functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
How To Control Cookies
Cookies must be enabled if you wish to shop on our website; if you do not have cookies enabled you will not be able to use our shopping basket functionality. If you would like to opt out of cookies you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative website (www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp) or block them in your Internet browser settings, but please note that this may prevent you from being able to order from our and other websites. For further information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
How To Delete Cookies
Deleting your cookie settings is also relatively easy but the process does differ between browsers. Here's how to delete cookies in the most popular browsers.
1. Click on the Tools menu and select Options.
2. Click the Under the Bonnet tab and look for the Privacy section.
3. Click Clear browsing data.
4. Select Delete cookies and other site data to delete all cookies from the list.
5. Select Clear browsing history to delete traces of which websites you've visited.
6. Select Clear download history to delete records of which files and programs you've downloaded.
7. Select Empty the cache to delete cached websites.
Internet Explorer 9:
1. Choose Tools and then Safety.
2. Click Delete browsing history.
3. Tick the Cookies box and click Delete.
Internet Explorer 8:
1. Choose Safety on the command bar.
2. Click Delete browsing history.
3. Tick the Cookies box and click Delete.
Internet Explorer 7:
1. Choose Tools and then Options.
2. Click the General tab and look for the Browsing History section.
3. Click Delete and then click Delete Cookies.
1. Click on Tools and then Options.
2. Select Privacy.
3. Select Show Cookies.
4. To remove a single cookie highlight it and click Remove cookies.
5. To remove all cookies click Remove all cookies.
1. Go to Tools in main menu.
2. Click Delete private data.
1. Choose Preferences from the Safari menu.
2. Select the Security icon.
3. Click Show cookies.
4. Select the cookies that you want to delete.
5. Click Delete.
This website is owned and operated by Caroline Borgman Interiors. If you have any questions about our cookies or this Cookies Policy, please contact us by email, by telephone or by post.